- 101 Rx Samples, a helpful collection of samples in the spirit of 101 LINQ Samples.
- Descriptions of the Rx Observable operators as well as the Rx Enumerable operators.
- Descriptions and samples of the Rx Disposable classes.
- Description of how to read the marble diagrams often used when explaining Rx.
Free Third-Party Tools
- Reactive Framework Extensions Generator by Clarius Consulting Labs, a Visual Studio extension that scans assemblies for classes with events, and exposes them as observable sequences.
- RxSandbox, a library that provides a visual, interactive evaluation of Rx expressions.
- GenY, An open source VS code generator with filtering support, that currently can generate IObservables from events and dependency properties. This project is still in its infancy and does not have a binary release yet.
This document published by the Rx team is the best tutorial currently available.
The best place to get your questions answered is the Rx forum; the authors of Rx regularly answer questions from the community there.
Channel9 has an excellent series of (mostly) short videos that help introduce the Observable operators and concepts:
- Rx in Depth 1: API introduction (1:47)
- Rx in Depth 2: Marble diagrams; Select and Where (4:49)
- Rx in Depth 3: SelectMany (4:21)
- Rx in Depth 4: Until and WaitUntil (5:29)
- Rx in Depth 5: Subscribing to observable sequences (3:30)
- Rx in Depth 6: Primitives - Never, Empty, Return, and Throw (1:48)
- Rx in Depth 7: The IObservable contract (4:40)
- Rx in Depth 8: Merge (2:36)
- Rx in Depth 9: Zip - combination semantics (2:35)
- Rx in Depth 10: Zip - completion semantics (1:51)
- Rx in Depth 11: CombineLatest - combination semantics (3:44)
- Rx In Depth 12: Concat, Catch, and OnErrorResumeNext (2:56)
- Rx In Depth 13: Hot and cold observables (3:32)
- Rx In Depth 14: Repeat (2:10)
- Rx In Depth 15: Retry (2:03)
- Rx In Depth 16: Controlling concurrency; IScheduler and provided schedulers (25:16)
For a higher-level conceptual video on why Rx is beneficial to application writers, watch Erik Meijer's Rx in 15 Minutes (13:09)
- Introduction to Rx Online book by Lee Campbell. Available also as .mobi ebook.
Tech Ed 2012 Video This video gives a comprehensive overview of what Rx is and how to use it. By Bart De Smet Bar 1 Hour 24 min.